Blogger Widgets

Friday, March 2, 2012

Chicken Enchilada


I saw this recipe on Pinterest from Joyful Momma's Kitchen  except I changed it up a bit for our taste... I omitted the green chillies and added some Re-fried Black Beans.. 
Well It seems to be a hit in my house, they loved them!! I made 8 Enchilada's, I had 1, there was 3 of us eating, and 2 were left, you do the math lol (reminds me of those stupid math questions when I was in grade school..I hated those!)
They are very filling, and not that hard to make. It always takes me a little bit longer when I make something new, but once I know all the steps, it seems to go much quicker! I think it took about a half hour to prep these, so not to bad... 


What you will need:
3-4 Boneless Chicken Breasts, Shredded (about 2 Cups)
2 cups of Chicken Broth
Soft Taco Shells (I used 8, because that how many came in the pack)
2 cups of Fiesta Blend Cheese (Blend of Monteray Jack, Cheddar, Queso  Quesadilla & Asadero Cheese)
1 can Black Beans or Re-Fried Black Beans
1 cup Sour Cream
3 Tbls. Flour
3 Tbls. Butter

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13x9 pan (I used cooking spray) 
Mix the shredded chicken and 1 cup of cheese in a container, load up a tortilla's with  the chicken cheese mixture, add some of the re-fried Black Beans so it looks something like this..



Roll the tortilla's up and place in pan (I really had to squeeze them in!)



In a saucepan melt the butter,and slowly add the flour..add the Chicken Broth and stir with a whisk, continue to whisk over medium heat until thickened to your liking. Add the Sour Cream, stir till well blended making sure not to curdle the sour cream! Pour sauce over the Enchilada's and top with the remaining cheese. 
Bake for 22 min. and  then place under broiler for the last 3 minutes, until cheese has browned on top a little.  Yum!







Pin It

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog, I love comments, and will read & respond to every one!

** I screen the comments as they come in, if you don't see yours right away, its because I have to publish it. Sorry, it helps cut down on the spam comments.**

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...