Blogger Widgets

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Cool Whip-Pudding Frosting



I finally had an excuse to try out this frosting, then I ended up having to make something else  (×̯×)  It seems like I've been waiting for months years to make this! lol
We always seem to have a sweet tooth in the evening and it seems like we never have anything to satisfy it (of coarse) so I said what the heck, I'm going to make a cake! (•̮̮̃•̃) I don't need an excuse to make a cake! Right!?¿

Since this frosting is made from Cool Whip and requires milk in the Pudding, I would think it needs to be refrigerated. Problem is, we don't like our cake cold... Hmmmm (thinking) 1st thought.. We could just cut a couple slices and sit it on the counter to warm up for 10-15 min. before we eat it...
Nah that takes to long!...   I know!  2nd thought ...We'll just leave the cake on the counter and the frosting in the fridge and frost as we go (-̮̮̃-̃)   Brilliant idea!! lol 
That way, you can put as much on as you want, or as little as you want, and if you use it all up before the cake is gone, then I guess you'll have to make some more! (º.º)
Kind of like "If you give a Mouse a Cookie"
 ♥║║
╚══╝


Here is what you need:

8oz tub Cool Whip (thawed)
Small Box (3.4oz) Any Flavor Pudding I used Vanilla
1 Cup of Milk
Cake Mix of your choosing, or anything else you want to frost (I made Red Velvet)
2 tablespoons up to 1/3 Cup of Powdered Sugar (Optional, and depends on how sweet you want it, I used about 2 tablespoons)
Food Coloring (Optional)


In Medium size bowl mix 1 cup of milk with the pudding mix, whisk until it gets thick.


Fold in Tub of Cool Whip ( Powdered Sugar,and Food coloring if you chose to add it.)



Make sure its Mixed well...

That's It! Wasn't that easy!?

Frost cake...
If your like us and don't like your cake cold and you have made it for a special occasion, you could always frost it right before serving, it doesn't take long at all! Or if its just for the family frost it as you eat it,like we did.




 Just sweet enough for my sweet tooth!! But not to sweet...


SCRUMPTIOUS!

 







Comments Welcome!


4 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS, I DO THIS ALL THE TIME I AM DIABETIC, I USE NO SUGAR PUDDING MIX, 1 CUP OF MILK, COOL WHIP.ALSO YOU CAN THE THE PUDDING ON A CAN OF CRUSHED PINEAPPLE, MIX IT IN AND ADD THE COOL WHIP, IF YOU USE THE MILK, SQUEEZE AND DRY THE JUICE OUT OF THE PINEAPPLE. WONDERFUL ON ORANGE CAKE, I DON'T ADD THE POWDERED SUGAR .. I LOVE COLD CAKE !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmm Orange Cake and Cool Whip/Pineapple sounds good! I'll have to remember that! I can eat cold cake (it just seems more moist when its not?)but my husband won't eat it like that :/

      Delete
  2. Awesome can it be used piped on cupcakes.?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't see why not, its pretty thick!
      Let me know how they turn out!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog, I love comments, and will read & respond to every one!

** I screen the comments as they come in, if you don't see yours right away, its because I have to publish it. Sorry, it helps cut down on the spam comments.**

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...