Blogger Widgets

Friday, July 20, 2012

Make Your Own Fabric Freshener/Odor Eliminator



I love Febreze! And I love the original scent, but its getting harder and harder to find the original AND it can be expensive! But I love it even better that I can make my own!! And if you have been following my posts I bet you can guess what scent I made  :)   Yes....Original Scented Gain! Love It!!
I always like to try things before I post them so this is my 2nd batch and it works great!
I've seen different recipes on Pintrest and I have adjusted the measurements on the Fabric Softener for strength in smell, if you don't want a real strong smelling spray, then use 1/8 cup (or anywhere in between the 2 measurements) I have not had mine clog up from the baking soda, but I used super hot water (don't know if that makes a difference or not? but probably) 


This recipe is intended to make enough to fit into a 27 oz. bottle




Here is what you need:
1/8 - 1/4 Cup of Fabric Softener
2 Tablespoons of Baking Soda
Hot! Water from the Tap (fill to just about the top of the bottle)
Empty Squirt Bottle

First added the 2 tablespoons of Baking Soda to the bottle with the funnel and added VERY hot water (maybe half a cup of water) and shook it till I thought it might be dissolved a little. 
Add the baking Soda and some hot water

Then I added the 1/4 (stronger smelling for me please) Fabric Softener and shook it again. 
Add the Fabric Softener

Then I filled the up remainder of the bottle with HOT (tap)water. I left just enough room so when I put the nozzle on, it didn't overflow! Shake again.

Every time you use it, give it a good shake..the baking soda does settle at the bottom. I shake it as I'm using it also, maybe that's why mine doesn't clog!
Did I mention to use Hot Water? lol





My house smells like freshness, and clean laundry! ♥♥



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog, I love comments, and will read & respond to every one!

** I screen the comments as they come in, if you don't see yours right away, its because I have to publish it. Sorry, it helps cut down on the spam comments.**

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...