Blogger Widgets

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Blueberry Cheese Danish




(Blueberry, Peach, Raspberry && Cherry, Apple Cheese Danish)
I saw this recipe and borrowed it from Lauren at Lauren's Latest
couldn't wait to try it, it looked so mouth watering and really easy to  make! 
I've been so busy with the weather being so nice and the yard work needing done, but I finally got to make it this morning. Then our internet went down :(
It was easy to make! I never thought I would make something like this because it seemed difficult, or took to long (I'm impatient when it comes to things like that) but her recipe was easy!!  It was just as good, as store bought! Chris (My Hubby) says its even better cause its was fresh AND homemade! :) 
It was Awesome! you notice I said was, its almost gone... 



Here is what you need:

1 Tube Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
8 ounces Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
3 Tablespoons All Purpose Flour
1 Cup Blueberries

For the Icing
1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
2 tablespoons Whipping Cream
1/8 teaspoon Vanilla Extract


Preheat oven to 375 degrees... 
In a  bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, flour and vanilla.

Put it to the side.

Open crescent roll dough and unroll, leaving them in rectangles. On an ungreased baking sheet, lay the crescent roll rectangles together, lining them up sideways. (See Picture below )

Dough should be almost the entire length of a half sheet pan. Press the edges together and seal any holes.

Spread cream cheese filling down the center of the dough, about 2-3 inches wide. 


 Add your Blueberries (or any fruit you desire)  
Cut 1/2 inch diagonal strips up each side of the dough.(I used a pizza cutter)

Fold 1/2 inch dough pieces up.  





Bake for 20-30 minutes or until filling is set and  dough is golden in color. 


Cool before removing from baking sheet. Mine took about 15-20 minutes to cool (that was the LONGEST 20 minutes!) lol
Meanwhile...
Make Icing
In a small bowl, mix together powdered sugar, vanilla to a nice consistency. You may need to add more whipping cream to get consistency you like. 

Once danish has cooled, remove to serving platter. 
Drizzle Icing over danish. 

Finished Danish...Doesn't it look good enough to eat the whole thing? lol





I used frozen Blueberries, because my grocery didn't have fresh... and I added a little sugar in them as they were defrosting, so they marinaded in sugar water until I was ready to make this. Which was a lot longer than I intended... oh well
Next time I'm going to try Blackberries, but I bet it would be good with any kind of Berry, or No Berry's at all!! I also want to try Cherry Pie Filling, and then maybe I'll try..... ;)

UPDATE 4-30-2012
I made this with (drained) Canned Peaches in place of the Bluberries and it was wonderful!!! So Good!!! Going to gain so much weight lol


Peach

Peach

Peach


UPDATED AGAIN 9-22-12
Raspberry Danish
I used frozen Raspberry's in place of the blueberries





 So good! Yum! 
I see a Cherry Danish in my very near future :) Stay tuned...

We will just have to roll us out the door pretty soon if we keep eating these!!

Update 9-30-12
Cherry Cheese Danish
Really, I think any fruit filling would be awesome in this! Cherry Pie filling didn't let me down! Even my hubby enjoyed it and he's not a fan of Cherry Pie...


Cherry

Cherry Cheese

Cherry Cheese
UPDATE 10-28-12
Apple Pie Filling,Cheese Danish
Think I will add a little extra Cinnamon on top of the apple filling :)
It was yum though! 


Apple Cheese

Apple Cheese

I have to say, these make good "thank you" gifts! They are quick, easy, and homemade! I've been making them a lot lately for friends and neighbors, for "thank you's" to show our gratitude.
Who doesn't like Homemade Desserts?  














4 comments:

  1. Have you tried fresh peaches in this recipe? if so, how much?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anonymous,

      I have not tried fresh peaches, just canned! I bet it would be awesome though! Fresh is always better!
      I would use 3-4 peaches, cut up. You could always eat the ones that don't fit ;) I like a lot of fruit in mine.
      Let me know if you try it!

      Delete
  2. I have had a crescent bread before with cherry pie filling and cream cheese. Do you just eye ball the amount of caned pie filling or try to use a whole can! I plan on making 2 of your recipe breads for Thanksgiving 2014! I have you bookmarked and shared so I don't lose this :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the month delayed answer....
      I try to use the whole can :))

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog, I love comments, and will read & respond to every one!

** I screen the comments as they come in, if you don't see yours right away, its because I have to publish it. Sorry, it helps cut down on the spam comments.**

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...