Blogger Widgets

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Homemade Shaving Cream



**Edit 6-14-2012 see below
I've seen this recipe floating around, and wanted to try it. Always looking for ways to save $$
I have some  Shampoo and Conditioner laying around since I switched to the Burt's Bees Shampoo & Conditioner (I LOVE that stuff!!) and I would have used that but I have a sensitive nose and strong scents give me headaches at times and I didn't want to mix two different fragrances that might clash. 
So I went on down to DG and bought some Suave Mango Mandarin Shampoo & Conditioner, and while I was at it I bought the same scent Lotion too, so they will all smell the same :)   
Just to let you know, I'm going to tweak this recipe a little more because it isn't quite as thick as I would like it, I did add a little more conditioner and lotion (after I used it the first time) (I did add those measurements in this recipe) ...but its still not as thick as I would like. I feel like I would waste it, since it runs through your fingers. So next batch I'm going to try something a little different, but I will keep you posted... 
Sooo if you want to get the update, click "join this sight" ;) the button is to the left.



This is what you need: 
1. 1 1/4 Cup Conditioner
2. 1 Cup of Shampoo
3. 1/4 Cup of Lotion
4. 5 Tablespoons of Baby Oil
5. A Container to put it in
So glad my husband wanted to save these bottles! He finds lots of different uses for them...


 


In a bowl, add Conditioner, then Shampoo, Lotion, and lastly the Baby Oil. Mix with a wire whisk. Put in Container you are going to store it in. Mine filled two of these Smucker's Bottles. Shake before use.

By the way, this Mango Mandarin Lotion smells good enough to eat! Looks like cake mix or frosting and it makes you want to lick the bowl lol  :D
**EDIT 6-14-2012 Okay, I said I would try something different and that I would share with you, I wanted to wait until I used up what I made already as to not be wasteful! I used all the same products as the 1st recipe, but I started out with a small jar (4.8oz) of the Queen Helene Cocoa Butter Creme as the base. I got the small jar of Queen Helene in-case it didn't work how I wanted. I really didn't use measurements this time I was going for thickness, but still thin enough to squirt out of my squeeze bottle. :)
I just kind of squirted in a little conditioner and lotion and the shampoo and baby oil (actually I think I put to much baby oil because it makes the shower floor 
slippery! But that's okay, it makes my legs really soft and I just  clean the shower floor when I'm done.)  Anyways I do like how it turned out and I will make more with a bigger jar! I do however, have to rinse my razor blade more as it tends to clog it and that's Okay by me, as long as it works!!
I'm sure there are other kinds of cremes in jars, this is just what my DG had on hand. and the 4 oz jar was a little over a dollar, so I tried it, and liked it :)
Oh! and the smell isnt to bad either. So there you have it.


All in all, I like it.. my legs were soft, smooth and moisturized, and I didn't get razor burn. 
*I have shaved with just Conditioner before, but this Shaving Cream seems to make your legs softer without being greasy. They didn't feel all tight and itchy afterwards either!

I figure these bottles of Suave will make about three batches total, so I'll get my money's worth in the long run! I'm not sure how long it will last, but I will update you on that when I run out of the 1st batch. The squeeze bottle I put it in is a 20 oz bottle, but I guess it depends on how often you use it...I don't shave my legs everyday in the winter, but most days in the summer I do... I know my husband doesn't shave daily either as it gives him razor rash. Sensitive skin..

 Pin It

8 comments:

  1. Hi Carol it's TC this is my first chance to stop in. Looks like some good ideas.. I'm not a joiner and by the looks of the page count neither are a bunch of the people who are looking at the blog. Don't you just hate us lurkers.... Anyway, I know I'll be back when it's time to make suet again.

    Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol...Nah, I don't mind the lurkers! I'll get more "joiners" but not to shabby for starting my blog on 2/25... 11 days :)

      Delete
  2. Make your husband some for sensitive skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the suggestion, I'll have to look into it.
      He did try this one and he seemed to do okay with it,but time will only tell..

      Delete
  3. Love the site :) I invited my nephews (ages 6&8) to make the "Flubber" and they LOVED it. I let them help me make it and it was as much fun watching them react to the ingredients as it was watching them play with it. They have only been subject to "cooking" in the kitchen not playing in the kitchen. I have introduced them to baby chicks and they love helping me with them, their parents both have full time jobs and dont get to spend much time with them so I try to introduce them to the things they might miss out on with thier parents working all the time. I look forward to trying other things on your site...thank you for the "recipes"...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You!
      I'm glad they enjoyed the Flubber, I thought that would be a fun project for the kids...I'll have to see what other projects I can come up with ;)

      Delete
  4. Love your ideas! Just found the site today! Just a quick hint…when you say 'join the sight', sight should be 'site'. Sight = vision. Site = internet site. Best of luck! I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it!!
      Thanks for the correction, but for the life of me I can't find where its spelled wrong...
      Come back soon ;)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog, I love comments, and will read & respond to every one!

** I screen the comments as they come in, if you don't see yours right away, its because I have to publish it. Sorry, it helps cut down on the spam comments.**

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...