Blogger Widgets

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Creamy Garlic Chicken & Pasta



When I saw this recipe I thought maybe is was similar to a dish that I loved from Macaroni Grill. The one I had from there had shrimp in it. I don't even know what the dish was called, its been forever ago since I have had it, and the last time I went they no longer had it on the menu. They did try to replicate it for me, but it wasn't the same :(  This dish is not, I discovered, the same as Macaroni Grill, but it's really good! It has a rich, creamy flavor,that you will love!! You could most definitely substitute shrimp for the chicken in this recipe, Chicken is just what I had on hand, but I'm using shrimp next time! I was thinking that this would only serve two, but it made a lot more than I thought!! I was going to use Risotto, but my local store doesn't carry it. :(  Have to drive a little further next time to get some.


Here is what you need:

3 medium sized Chicken Breasts (cooked on the grill)
2 + teaspoons Olive Oil (my Minced Garlic is in Olive Oil)
2 teaspoons Garlic, minced (can be fresh if you prefer)
2 tablespoons Butter
3 cups Chicken Broth
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
1/2 box or 1/2 lb Angel Hair Pasta Or Risotto
1 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
3/4 cup Whipping or Heavy Cream
Parsley for color

In a med. size pot, place olive oil to low-medium heat. Add the garlic and stir, allowing it to cook for about 2 minutes. (don't forget about it while getting the other ingredients prepared, like I did, and burn it! lol...it was way past caramelization, but we won't talk about that :p  ) Mix in the butter until melted. Add the chicken stock salt, and pepper. Raise the heat and let it come to a boil. Once it is  boiling add the pasta and cook till al dente. Reduce the heat to medium-low, stir in the Parmesan until completely melted. Add the Whipping Cream and Parsley, turn off the heat.



This was even more flavorful the next night, that is, if you have any left over :)



Let me know how yours turns out or what you added to it!










Comments Welcome!!

2 comments:

  1. DELICIOUS! Only issue was the sauce was fairly runny. I didn't dare cook it any longer, so just added more pasta. Any hints on how to thicken it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liz,
      I make sure to drain my pasta really well. The only other idea besides that is maybe add a little less on the Broth or the Whipping Cream?
      Sorry I couldnt be of much help!
      I'm glad it still tasted good!
      Thanks for the feed back!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog, I love comments, and will read & respond to every one!

** I screen the comments as they come in, if you don't see yours right away, its because I have to publish it. Sorry, it helps cut down on the spam comments.**

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...