Blogger Widgets

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Keeping Soil In Your Flower Pots


Its a beautiful day to plant Flowers!!!

I saw this idea on Pinterest and needed to plant some Pansies anyways ( Pansies are One of my favorit-est flowers ever!! Especially Purple! ones )  so I thought I'd try it out!  Its simple, & why didn't I think of that!? 

I hate when you plant new plants, in pots and water them the first couple of times and all the soil comes out the bottom :/  don't you hate that?
I took this idea one step further though... I added Two! coffee filters lol :)

I started  by scrubbing my pot to get all the green stuff growing on it, off.


All clean! :)
Add your coffee filter...


Coffee filter #1
Add drainage rocks...


Drainage rocks

Add another coffee filter...
I know, I know, it looks like the first coffee filter, its not trust me ;)


Second coffee filter #2, on top of rocks
My reasoning for adding the second filter is... I feel the soil will clog up the rocks and it won't drain as well...sounds good huh? I'll let you know how it all works out.

Add your soil and plants...                        


 Water them well


That's it! All done.


I LOVE Spring!!! Happy Planting :D


Pin It


2 comments:

  1. I like the double coffee filter idea...nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) It works well,drains right out, no soil in the drip basin I have it sitting in

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog, I love comments, and will read & respond to every one!

** I screen the comments as they come in, if you don't see yours right away, its because I have to publish it. Sorry, it helps cut down on the spam comments.**

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...