Blogger Widgets

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Homemade Tub, Sink & Shower Cleaner


*Revision 6-5-2012 posted below

I tried this Tub Sink & Shower Cleaner and it works great! Granted my glass shower doors weren't terrible, but they did have a little soap scum build up on them. I'm real bad about waiting for stuff to work, so I had to do it twice because I didn't let it sit long enough to do its job the first time!  You can leave this on over night, if its a bad case of build up.
 I also did my sinks, it works well, they were nice an shiny. I have heard that you might not want to use this on your granite and let it sit for long periods of time as it will eventually eat away at it.But I used it on my marble counter and it was fine, but I didn't let it sit for long.
Anyways... try it, your like it :)

One note some people don't like the smell, I don't mind it, but if your in a small place just make sure its well ventilated. You can always add a few drops of essential oil if you prefer.
 I've seen this recipe calling for 12oz of Dawn but I think that is way to much! Could you imagine all the bubbles? Mine worked fine with 3-4oz. I have plans for more Dawn Recipes, so I don't want to waste any!

Here is what you will need:


12 oz. of White Vinegar
3-4 oz of Blue Dawn Dish Detergent (I used the Ultra Concentrated Original Scented Dawn)
1 empty Squirt Bottle
that's it!


1.Heat the Vinegar in the microwave until hot (30- 45 seconds)
2. Add the Dawn Dish Detergent, put the sprayer lid on and swish it around. Don't shake it or it will bubble up to much!
3. Spray on and wait at least a hour .... scrub and rinse (remember you can leave this on over night for tuff jobs) Don't be impatient like me, and take it off to soon, you'll just have to work harder and use more!

Here you have a powerful cleaner that gets rid of soap scum and build up! And its green too! Works just as good as scrubbing bubbles I used to use!


* Revised 6-5-12
After I got done spraying all the sinks and the showers I went back and sprinkled some baking soda on the shower floor and the sinks etc....all I can say is Wow! That worked really well!! Its so sparkly ans shiny :) 


Your Questions & Comments are Welcome


Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I just saw this same receipe used as a weed killer. How did it do on water spots.
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Traci
      It works pretty well on water spots,you have to leave it on at least a hour, longer is better but my shower hasn't gotten to bad, as I dry off the door etc after each use.

      Now that you mention it, I have used this as weed killer also (I didn't use dawn though! It works pretty good for that too lol
      Tons of uses for Vinegar!
      Thanks for your comment!

      Delete
    2. BTW the weed killer worked on some weeds better than others, like for instance, thistle, it looked like it killed it but it ended up coming back,same with crab grass. But maybe I didn't use enough?
      As far as the tub and shower cleaner I have added baking soda when I use it for the extra scrubbing power!(especially on the tub floor!) It works really well!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog, I love comments, and will read & respond to every one!

** I screen the comments as they come in, if you don't see yours right away, its because I have to publish it. Sorry, it helps cut down on the spam comments.**

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...