Blogger Widgets

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Cousin Teresa's Crock Pot Cabbage Soup


We like to try new recipes, that are easy! Lets face it the same ole' thing every week gets boring..so when my cousin posted on Facebook that she was making some Cabbage Soup, it sounded really good, and real easy!! So I got the recipe from her, and gave it a whirl .... we weren't disappointed!  Yum!!

Here is what you need:
1Cabbage
2. Celery
3. Carrots
4. Onion
5. Red Potatoes
6. Chicken Broth
7. Seasonings consisting of: Beau Monde Seasoning, Salt, Pepper, Garlic Salt, Celery Seed, Onion Powder
8. **  see below
Chop everything up...
Put it all in your crock pot...
Add the seasonings....
(pretty much to your taste) I just kind of winged it on amounts, and it was fine.I just added a "little more" at a time.












Don't worry if you cant find the Beau Monde Seasoning, just add some extra celery seed, salt and onion powder,thats pretty much all it is..





Cover the whole thing with Chicken Broth, (I used 3 lg. 32oz boxes of chicken broth) I have a large crock pot! Cook on low for about 8 hours or on high for 4-6 hours or until the cabbage and veggies are soft.

And the end result...Yum ~  Thank You Teresa!
Serve with some good sopping bread ( I was thinking some nice Italian Bread, but my little close by grocery doesn't have a fresh bakery!? So I had to go with what they had, French Bread...that was good too, but...wanted Italian) The funny thing was I never realized that they didn't have a bakery, granted I've only lived in this town for about 4 months...

**I added 3 strips of bacon for some extra flavor...
I was trying to think of another meat that would be good in there, besides corned beef :)

Any suggestions?

Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Sometimes brown some ground turkey & add it to cabbage soup--still healthy!
    Love ya, Cuzzin T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ground Turkey sounds good! I've used it in Spaghetti & Sloppy Joe's and you can't even tell that its different...Thanks Cuz ;)

      Delete
  2. Glad I stopped in, I remember you mentioning this one and it's going on my list of dinners for this week. You might have to archive by catagory.. Food/Garden/Cleaning...
    TC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just make sure you start it in the morning!

      I don't think I can archive that way, I'll have to check.. but you can always do a "Search My Blog" if you know what your searching for.

      Delete
  3. Just saying… instead of adding meat try some beans for added protein. Maybe a white bean so the color are kept. I really like the idea of the turkey but I probably would do chunks of organic free range to keep it on the healthy side. This could be the base for the beginnings of some wonderful variations, adzuki beans, red cabbage, and/or other cruciferous veggies… I’m sooo hungry right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooooh Great Northern Beans sounds good! I'm not a connoisseur of beans so I don't really know which other ones would be good in there. lol
      You really could add lots of different yummy things to this recipe!!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog, I love comments, and will read & respond to every one!

** I screen the comments as they come in, if you don't see yours right away, its because I have to publish it. Sorry, it helps cut down on the spam comments.**

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...