Blogger Widgets

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Homemade Jewelry Cleaner




Have you ever needed to clean your jewelry and didn't have any cleaner? 
My Grandma used to make her own, and told me the recipe a long time ago.
If your in a pinch and need some quick, this is good because most people have these things on hand. This is all I've ever used and it works perfectly! I wear silver and white gold jewelry, & my husbands ring is titanium  and its never harmed anything I own. Quite the opposite, its made it all very shiny!!

Also I use toothpaste to clean my silver jewelry that is a little tarnished.The paste kind works best, instead of the gel.. I just use a old tooth brush on it and rinse well when I'm done then put it in the homemade cleaner, shiny! {see below}






What you Need

Ammonia
Dish Soap ( I used Dawn, but you can use any)
Water




You can make as much or as little as you need, just use equal parts of all 3 ingredients. I used about 1 Tablespoon of each for this batch, if you put it in a lil container that has a lid, it will lasts forever!! {or at least until it gets too dirty and needs to be changed out} ツ 





 I use a tooth brush on my rings, to get in all the crevices.

All clean! {Its hard to take a picture with one hand ans zoom in AND keep still!}

Necklace that has some tarnish.. 
You can fix that with a little dab of ToothPaste!



I usually work it between my fingers first, then use a damp toothbrush, but I was trying to keep my camera hand toothpaste free!  



After the toothpaste rub down/scrub, rinse all the toothpaste off and soak in the jewelry cleaner for about 10 minutes, rinse well and dry.

All clean && Shiny!!


Also if you have a jewelry box, and you have lots of sterling silver jewelry, take a piece of foil {doesn't have to be big} and ball it up a little and keep it in your jewelry box, that will help the silver from getting tarnished so fast! Or you can take a piece of foil and place you silver in it and fold it up in there.
Now you have some Homemade Jewelry Cleaner that actually works!
Your welcome...  


Now go get your jewelry that needs to be cleaned and make some cleaner!



1 comment:

  1. Lol. I was scrolling fast and the dab of toothpaste in your hand looked like a garlic clove. I was thinking that garlic really is a marvel of nature. Anyway. Thank you so much for sharing your method of cleaning. I just bought a bag of tarnished silver jewelry just so I could have one pair of earrings in the bag to gift to a friend. Now I can sell the other items and buy her lunch too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog, I love comments, and will read & respond to every one!

** I screen the comments as they come in, if you don't see yours right away, its because I have to publish it. Sorry, it helps cut down on the spam comments.**

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...