Blogger Widgets

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Homemade Hot Chocolate






Its about that time of year again to break out the Hot Chocolate. (except in my house its a year round thing!) I think my husband is a connoisseur of hot chocolate, its his "coffee" in the morning.... with LOTS of marshmallows!!!!  Mmmm Ooey Gooey melted Marshmallows in some Hot Chocolate!   He loves Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate, and nothing else will do. ¯\(°_o)/¯  I buy the 30 pack from Walmart because I have to use two packets at a time (he's so darn picky lol) and if I change something up (¬_¬)  believe me he knows!!! (ಠ_ಠ) Just ask the kids ... hehehe

I thought I'd try to make some homemade Hot Chocolate and told him I was thinking about it, and he said "Just make a small batch to see if I like it." I showed him all of the ingredients and he said "Oh, go a head and make a whole batch, that kinda looks good" LOL!! I need to make those homemade marshmallows to, but he goes through them so fast! Probably not worth it. Plus there is a certain brand he likes too (told you he's picky) at least it's a store brand. The way he goes through hot chocolate, this might be a treat a few times a year.

This is very rich!! And if you like milk chocolate, then you might not like this, as its more of a dark chocolate flavor. I think next time I will look for a different cocoa.... 




This recipe makes about 20 servings

Here is what you need

3 Cups Non Fat Dry Milk
2 Cups Powdered Sugar (I'm sure you could use regular sugar also)
1 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1 1/2 Cup White Chocolate Chips
1/4 Cup Salt


In a large bowl make a mess stir ingredients, to combine. 


Stir....

Pour half of the mixture into the bowl of a food processor and process until the white chocolate is finely ground. 



Transfer mix to an airtight container, then repeat with the remaining. (I have a mini processor so I had to split it up more) Store in the airtight container for up to 3 months.

To make the hot chocolate, mix 1/3 cup of the cocoa mix with 1 cup hot milk, or water, which ever you prefer. I tried half milk, half water and it wasn't very good. I think all milk was the best!









Try to stay warm....




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog, I love comments, and will read & respond to every one!

** I screen the comments as they come in, if you don't see yours right away, its because I have to publish it. Sorry, it helps cut down on the spam comments.**

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...