Blogger Widgets

Monday, February 11, 2013

Valentine's Chocolate Bark





I thought this would make another nice post for Valentines! I adapted the recipe a little bit, but got it from here
If you like white chocolate or maybe your kids or Sweetheart does (like mine )  Then this post is for you.  

This is a easy and quick recipe. I changed it up a little bit to use what I had on hand, and it still worked out good! 


I have a couple of tips after the recipe so be sure to look ..... learn from me ツ 



Here is what you need:

I used Nestle's Milk Chocolate,Chocolate Morsels (either semi sweet or milk choc.) The Chocolate Candy Melts were recommended, You can buy them at Walmart.
I used Nestle's White Chocolate Morsels. The White Candy Melts were recommended, you can but them at Walmart also.
I used about  1/4 of a bar of Paraffin, split between the two chocolates (see Figure 1, below )
I used Gel Food Coloring. Recommended was a oil based food coloring I found this on Wilton's site. I don't know if you can get these at Walmart or not?

Sprinkles
M & M's (Valentine M & M's) I just had regular M & M's, so I picked out just the red ones 
Parchment Paper

I used a  9 x 13 cookie sheet, but you could double the recipe and use a normal size cookie sheet.


(Figure 1)  -- cut off 1/4 block of Paraffin
Line your cookie sheet with parchment paper and put it aside.

In a double broiler (I just use two pans,1 bigger, 1 smaller) melt the chocolate morsels and half of the wax. (you can microwave to melt, but I prefer to use the double broiler,if you choose to do it the microwave, make sure not to burn the chocolate) check and stir it often.
Once all of it is melted and smooth, pour into the lined cookie sheet and spread it thin with either a spatula or a rubber bowl scraper.




After its spread out in a thin layer place it in the refrigerator until set (about 15 to 30 min.) Meanwhile...after at least 15 min. has gone by, start melting your White Chocolate Morsels,Wax and Food Coloring.



Once melted and smooth, pour it onto the chocolate layer and spread it out to cover chocolate layer.  Add your M & M's and your sprinkles.



Return the cookie sheet to the refrigerator and let it set another 15 to 30 min.Once its set, break into pieces. 








Tips:
* Press your M &M's in a little bit, mine were  popping out when I was breaking up the bark. Same with the sprinkles. Kinda throw your sprinkles at it so it digs in deeper! lol

* Oil based food coloring is recommended, but I used the Betty Crocker  Neon Gel and it worked okay, it looked a little polka dottie :) and maybe didn't blend in together as well as the oil based? You can't tell on the finished Candy though, so that's good!



Happy Valentines Day!!
♥║║
╚══╝

Ps. This could be used for any occasion, just change the color of the food coloring! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog, I love comments, and will read & respond to every one!

** I screen the comments as they come in, if you don't see yours right away, its because I have to publish it. Sorry, it helps cut down on the spam comments.**

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...