Blogger Widgets

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

My Mom's All Day Roast (Revisited)





Back in March I wrote about my mom's All Day Roast. You can find that post Here. I made this last night and took better pictures, that I'd like to share. The roast is larger than in the first post, I wasn't really happy with those pictures, but what can you do? lol
Its getting to be that time of year again, where having the oven on all day won't make the house hot

You also could very easily put this meal in the crock pot on Medium, maybe on Low if its on long enough. I have a Auto Shift on mine that switches back and forth between Low and High. Just make sure to add enough liquid that it doesn't dry out!


Here is what you need:

1. English Cut Roast (biggest one I can find usually,because they shrink!)
2. 2-3 Cans of Green Beans (I use French Cut, any brand)
3. 2-3 Cans of Whole White Potatoes (any brand) (fresh potatoes, don't really work for this recipe, as they fall apart..canned works best)
4. 1 packet of Lipton Onion Soup Mix (or any brand)
5. (Optional) add some Baby Carrots or (my mom sometimes used frozen    Pearl Onions)
6.Water or juice from green beans or potatoes (add enough to almost come to the top of the roast)
7. Pan large enough to hold it all (13x9 isn't quite big enough!)


Preheat oven to 200 degree's... meanwhile in a pan place the roast in the middle, open your canned veggies and drain (don't drain 1 can of the green beans juice for the liquid) surround the roast with the canned veggies(adding the juice from green beans.) Sprinkle packet of Lipton Onion Soup Mix on the whole thing.
Can you see the liquid? almost to the top of the roast.

Add about a can of water, slowly pour over whole thing. Make sure you have enough liquid in bottom, that comes at least half way up the roast! Cover with foil and cook at least 6-8 hours. 

Can you see where I didn't sprinkle the onion mix? That little section of green beans is for my hubby :) he doesn't like trying to pick the onions out of the green beans lol

The smell of this will drive you crazy about 2 hours after its been cooking, it smells soooo good!!
This will be a family favorite! It will be your favorite, because its so simple!
Prep time is about 5 minutes, you can't beat that for a meal that tastes like you slaved over the hot stove all day! lol (-̮̮̃•̃) 

I love the flavor of the potatoes and green beans ...yum!

This roast just literally falls apart!

OMGosh! doesn't this look so GOOD!!??
Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog, I love comments, and will read & respond to every one!

** I screen the comments as they come in, if you don't see yours right away, its because I have to publish it. Sorry, it helps cut down on the spam comments.**

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...